Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Blog entry 2: Reviewing part 3

The images that I choose to use had a gothic antique theme to them. I choose to use for my dominant image a picture of a woman on a brooch. I also choose to make my most dominant image a circle because I feel out of the shapes I used that it was the most powerful. In my picture I also tried to create a negative space that would fight for dominance with the circle. Besides the most dominant images of my picture I do not think that the size of each image affects their meaning in any way. I think that where I placed each image on the page affects its meaning more than its size. I think that how I placed the small flower in the center of the gothic cross makes the cross stand out even more. It gives the cross more attention and makes a person’s eyes stay that much longer on that portion of the page. I think that where I decided to place the images helps a person’s eyes move around the page. The circles lead one’s eyes down the outside but the square flowers help bring a person’s eyes back up the page as well. Hopefully I met all of the objectives of this piece that were required. But in the end as long as I am happy with my art that is all that matters.

No comments: